My husband has BP, is this dangerous ?

my husband just had blood pressure reading at work 5 minutes apart first one is 146 over 106 second is 157 over 102, is this dangerous ?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Feb 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
It is not alarming but calls to remain under observation. Try to controll it by restricting salt intake, avoid stress, keep bowel clear, do meditation, have light exercise regularly. Amongst herbal medicines we recommend arjun the most, you can have tab. Abana 2 bd. and go in for shirodhara.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.This is definitely high.For an otherwise individual normal reading is 140/90 mmhg.But you should not panic at first couple of readings.check it regularly at least 2-3 times in a week if he is not having any symptoms like headache,giddiness, chest pain etc.needs for frequent if he is having one.Family history and his job profile other important factors which influence his ask him him undergo routine tests as advised by your doctor and give low fat,law salt diet.once b.p. comes normal ask to him start regular exercise.But one or two isolated elevated readings do not warrent any panic reaction but be watchful and consult your doctor.