BP 120/90, tell me the medicine to get rid

i m having high blood pressure , but nw it is 120-90 which is normal , nw i want to get rid of medicine is it possible
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. your upper limit seems to be under control,but it is the lower reading of 90mm which is bit concerning,because it reflects the pressure against which heart has to pump blood and if it increases then heart has to do more work against this pressure gradient, which ultimately results in poor peripheral circulation.
2. it is better that you consult with your Cardiologist regarding your condition, who will ask for necessary investigations (chest X-ray,EKG) and prescribe medicine accordingly.
.no extra salt should be taken during meals.
.avoid salt rich foods: pickles, papads, sauce, cheese, salted butter, salted biscuits, wafers, popcorns, salted peanuts/cashewnuts, salted butter milk.
.take potassium rich food like grapes,mosumbi, increase fibre intake and use skimmed or double toned low fat milk
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Seema Saxena's  Response
Hi Richa
Welcome to HCM
There is an effective treatment in ayurveda. If you are taking allopathic medicine ,then slowly you can get rid of this.
Buy 1 packet of "Arjun kwath" (dry powder of arjun) and "Mukta wati"
Take 10 gram of Arjun kwath. Add 3 cups of water and 1 cup of skimmed milk. Boil it till it becomes 1 cup. Strain it.
Take it with 2 Mukta wati empty stomach in morning and evening.
Pranayam, shavasan and meditation will help you.
Avoid salt, papad, pickle
Dont take stress
Always go for a morning walk
I hope this will help you
Thank You
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
As a rule when anti hypertensive is being taken from long period it is difficult to discontinue it. You can make a trial by remaining under observation. start with herbal combination as mukta vati 2 od and live close to natural laws have massage and shirodhara, do meditation and shav asan. avoid excess of salt and ghee
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Nikul Patel's  Response
its 100% possible to get rid from the medicines of hyertension.
The line of treatments are..
1. Medicines
2. Diet
3. Panchkarma
4. Yoga- pranayam

1. Medicines
a. Sildedin tab 2 tabs twice a day
b. Super sarpa tab 2 tabs twice day
c. Hriday rog har yog 1 tabs twice day
d. Pathaydi ghan 2 tas twice day

2. Diet
a. do not stop al the medicnes which you are taking of alopath.. start these medicnes with all those medicine and gradually you can left the allopath medicines and after long tie you can also stop all ayurveda medicines.
b. Avoid spicy and fermneted food
c. Avoid salt and namkeen
d. take rest and avoid stressful life

3. Pancklarma
a. Shirodhara
b. Nasya
c. Virechan karma

4. Yoga - Pranayam
regular pranayam and yoga necessory.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
hi richa;
what is your age ?since how long do you have high BP.See if you had BP from pregnancy & if delivered then BP can stabilise & if doctor fees medicine can be discontinued.But if your age is above 40 yrs or if you have high BP due to some other reason i guess you will require treatment please mention details & if at all you want to stop consult the doctor who had prescribed it to you.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
Hi richa,
It is good to hear you had BP stabilize for now but it is necesary to monitor your BP some some periods dont leave the medication immediately. certain fall in BP may not be. u dint mention about your age and any other history of you.
You can even take Ayurvedic Herbal Preparations in case of Continue BP Rise
Learn to practice of holistic Yoga practices by consulting your nearest Ayurvedic centres.
Get well soon
Homeopath Dr. Gaurav Kackar's  Response
welcome to health care magic forum,
richa the BP u mentioned is normal but from how long it is coming normal and your age and from how long you are suffering from this condition, all these things are important in order to get rid of bp tablets, well this can be done by Homeopathic treatment but for this further investigation will be needed, so you can consult your local Homeopathic doctor.
For more info you ca mail us at