My father has COPD he is taking seflo.Is it proper ?

my father has COPD he is taking seflo 250 twice aday since two monthes , he is much better now, should he continue taking this drug or stop
Asked On : Tue, 18 Jan 2011
Pulmonologist 's  Response
hhhhiiiiiiii, copd is irreversible and progressive disease, so he must contue rx according to stage of copd...
General & Family Physician Dr. Prasad's  Response
Hi Mohammed.... Welcome to healthcaremagic forum.
COPD is a chronic condition having exacerabations and remissions. Treatment is basically based on preventing exacerabation, treating the symptoms during these exacerabations and avoiding the risk factors that can precipitate them...
If your father is symptom free, consult your doctor, who will plan to taper the medications. If symptoms don't worsen, then the oral medication can be switched over to inhalers. Lifestyle modifications and risk factor control however needs to be continued..