My daughter is unable to read quickly due to optic nerititis

Please help I am so confused, by daughter had optic neritis and lost her sight in both eyes, with two abnormal areas in the front of the brain , both are resolving. After two years her sight returned. Now she is struggling to read quickly( teachers tested her and said she is reading at the age of a 10 year old) (No probs before) and her age of reading is now only 12 years, she is 13 years and 5 months. Until this happened she was a very bright girl who got 5, 5, 5 in her year 6 SATS. Could this be connected to the optic neritits
Asked On : Wed, 11 May 2011