My 10 years old son suffering from breathing and swelling difficulty. Has enlarged tonsil

My 10 year old son is complaining of difficutly in breathing and swallowing. I had taken him to ENT specialist and X-Ray also was taken. Though he has enlarged tonsils , it does not get infected that often. Allergy medicine was given to him for 10 days. Even amoxycillin one course was given. Still he complains sometimes of breathing and swallowing difficulty. Recently when he opened his mouth I was able to see some tongue kind of organ. I was told by the ENT that it is "epiglottis" and is visible in some and nothing to worry. Could you please let me know what is causing airway obstruction for him? As per doctor , his adenoids also is not that large which needs a surgery .I recently stopped giving citrous fruits to him , after that he is much better . But not completely okay. He gets running nose very often. Could you please help?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jun 2010