Muscle wasting in the leg and swelling in the affected knee. what to do ?

Muscle wasting in the leg and swelling in the affected knee the query is regarding my father 67 yrs, m ,. he complains of a minor injury in the right knee some 10 years back.since then he has been pullin it on like that. now its aggravated to such a extent that i notice a lot of muscle wasting in the leg and swelling in the affected has acute pain , so much so that he cannot move or even get of the bed. pain relief is not been given at the moment coz of 44.4% kidney damage.suggest me what to do i have got a a.p and lateral view x ray done yesterday. please help
Asked On : Tue, 4 Jan 2011