Muffled hearing probe in right ear. Test showed hearing loss. CT scan normal. Is it due to nerve weakness?

Hi Dr. I am veenita and have echo problem in right ear also muffled hearing prob.for the last almost 2 mnths, and according to the audia test reports I can hearing loss is around 30% in that ear. i have been taking nasal spray , steam n decongestants as suggested by the ENT specialists. CT scan of temporal bone and paransal sinuses shows normal results.My Dr. says that it could b due to allergy n for that I hv been given some medicines and nasal spray n hearing loss is due to weak nerve which is irreversible, I am really feeling depressed about it Please i would be obliged if you could let me know about my problem or put some more light on it
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012