Mistakenly left tampon for long. Heavy odor coming. How to reduce odor?

Hi. I just removed a tampon that I mistakenly left in way too long. One week. It was a light tampon, no blood just major odor. No discharge or any other symptoms like fever ,or any sickness. Now that it is out , would something such as douching help with the odor or just give it a few days time and the odor will subside? Also, I am currently taking a z pak for a sinus infection , is it possible that if I were to have some bacteria growing down there that the z pak would be helpful not only for my sinus infection? I can t believe I did this! Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013