Missed periods, slight discomfort, heaviness in lower abdomen, negative pregnancy test, had normal cycle after stopping pills. Reason?

I ve missed my periods and I m experiencing a slight pain, discomfort, heaviness in my lower abdomen . Till now, I ve never missed a period and my periods have never been irregular. I was on pills till June and had 2 normal timely cycles after stopping the pills. I tried the pregnancy test also and it came our to be negative. I would like to know possible reason for missing period?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012