Missed periods, itching inside vagina, burning sensation, sore throat, foul smelling urine. Causes?

Hello I m a 26 year old women who has not had a period in three month s i took my last shot in September. A couple days ago i have noticed a itch inside my vagina and a burning sensation. Now for the past three days i have a really sore throat nothing is relieving this pain. I feel very tired all the time i also forgot to mention i have a very low viamim d level,i have alot of muscle pain in my back and flank area.i just went to urnaite and it spelled like fish what could be going on? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Hello Good Evening,

You have Urinary tract infection (UTI) along with Upper Respiratory tract infection (URI), which are not related to your missing period issue.

You have missed period, which is due to some common reason like:

-Stress and anxiety
-Excessive weight loss, or weight gain
-Hormonal imbalance

Menopause are not applicable in your case but any of rest of the others can be a cause for your missing period, so please go through proper evaluation to get other causes like hypothyroidism or PCOS.

PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) produces symptoms in approximately 5% to 10% of women of reproductive age (12–45 years old). It is thought to be one of the leading causes of female sub-fertility and the most frequent endocrine problem in women of reproductive age.

The principal features are anovulation, resulting in irregular menstruation, AMENORRHOEA (MISSED PERIOD), ovulation-related infertility, and polycystic ovaries; excessive amounts or effects of androgenic (masculinizing) hormones, resulting in acne and hirsutism; and insulin resistance, often associated with obesity, Type 2 diabetes, and high cholesterol levels.

The symptoms and severity of the syndrome vary greatly among affected women.

So go for a USG, TSH and other investigation to find out cause of your amenorrhoea.

For UTI and URI you should be treated by antibiotics, analgesics and urinary alkalisers.
For Vitamin deficiency you should be taken Vitamin D3 sachet weekly as per guidance of your GP and optimum sun light exposure should be obtained.

Dr. Naresh Jain.