Missed periods, have abdominal pain with bloating. Have high BP, GERD and Hernia. Suggestion?

I am a 42 year old female. My periods are always on time or early, but I missed this last one a few weeks ago, but for over 3 weeks I have had the cramps like I do when I have my period before and after it was due, severe night chills where I wake up drenched in sweat, and as of last night I have severe abdominal pain with bloating . I have high blood pressure (medication controlled), GERD w/hiatel hernia (medication controlled), had my gallbladder out in 2010, am not using birth control (just condoms), same partner for 22 years. Not trying to get pregnant.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

It's quite common to see patients presenting with cramps in abdomen following missing of periods.

Even then it's advisable to rule out pregnancy by doing urine pregnancy test as condom is not full proof method of contraceptive. It's efficacy if only 70% if used alone.
Also get routinely assessed for gerd and it requires annually done Gastroscopy to know the progress.

Do get back to me if you have any other query

Dr T Shobha