Missed period, weight gain. Negative PT. Taking sandoz. Suggestion?

My periods got postponed 2 months and 20 days. I did a preganancy test. it is negative. My doctor suggested to an scan. all clear. so my gynic suggested me to take Sandoz regestrone for 3 days. During past couple of months i gained 5 Kgs. I am upset about this. Will this tablet regulate my periods? after my periods is there a change i will go back to my normal weight?/ please suggest. I belive I gained wait becasuse of water retention . there is no change in my diet , any suggestion on my weight reduction?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013