Missed birth control pill, bleeding during sex, spotting and breakthrough bleeding. Is this normal?

I missed 2 pills in a row and did the routine things where you take the pill straight away, then move onto the next pack straight away (without a break); I have experienced spotting and light breakthrough bleeding - sometimes enough to soil a panty liner, sometimes not even that much, but everytime I do have intercourse, I get fresh bleeding (i.e. red and a bit more than normal) - is this normal? I am due to start my pill free week next weekend then go onto my third pack...
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012