Mesh placed for abdominal hernia. Suffer from chocolate cyst. Mesh needs to be removed? Chances of pain elimination?

I had a TAH in 2001. Eight months later,we discovered a large abdominal hernia and a mesh was inserted. I have been suffering from a chocolate cyst 3" before aspiration and is now 4" one month later with a swollen and filled fallopian tube. The Dr is willing to go in again to remove the cyst and fallopian tube by re-opening the abdominal scar tissue, but will need to either cut into the mesh, or replace it. How difficult will this procedure be? Can the mesh be permanently removed? I was told that there is only a 50/50 chance that the pain will get better...but I need to be able to stand longer than 3 hours, and work/lift. ARGH!
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013