Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Most possibly, it could be a cramp in the calf muscle. Though there are numerous causes for muscle cramps
,generally these cramps are related to muscle fatigue
A few activities that might help prevent leg cramps
• Drinking plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration
• Stretching your leg muscles or riding a stationary bicycle for a few minutes before you go to exercise
• Massaging the cramped muscle with your hands or with ice
• These cramps at times may be associated with POTASSIUM deficiency
and so foods such as bananas, potatoes and dried fruit are to be taken as dietary supplement.
• Also, calcium fortified foods like seafood and fish, almonds, flaxseed, oats, sesame seeds can help to stave off muscle pain
• Avoid acidic foods and drinks like tomatoes and vinegar which blocks the body’s natural ability to absorb calcium leading to muscle aches & muscle fatigue.
If your symptoms are recurring in nature, consult a neurophysician for further evaluation and management.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day