What causes pain behind knee and the calf muscle cramp with difficulty walking?
User rating for this question
I have something wrong with my left leg.? Pain is behind the knee and the calf muscle seems to be stuck in a cramp and it is impossible to step on the leg at all with out unbelievable pain shooting from knee to calf.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possible sciatic nerve compression Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Your description of pain and the localization points towards a possible sciatic nerve compression; this condition is also popularly known as sciatica. The causes are either pinching or compression of the nerve from a bulge in your spine region (have you experienced any back pain?), conditions like diabetes (where the nerves become weak), possible strenuous exercise (especially weight bearing exercises), or obesity. Treatment usually includes the use of the following: -Anti-inflammatory medication -Narcotics -Muscle relaxants -Weight loss (for obese patients) -Reduced physical activity for individuals who practice strenuous exercise -Vitamins B1, B6 and B12 (which help in promoting nerve health) I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you ma'am. Best wishes.
People also viewed
- Reddish brown spots all over the body
- Aching joints at 45 years old
- Body shake lost of breath yawning
- Having pain behind knee what to do
- Dull pain behind knee into calf
- Hobbies for 45 year old woman
- Brown bruising all over body
- Pain behind knee causes
- Throbbing pain behind knee
- Hip problems in 44 year old
- Evion 400 for leg pain
- Small brown bruises all body
- Normal body temperature of new born
- Hand swelling 48 years old
- Pain behind knee and calf