MRI shows degenerative disc narrowing, presence of prevertebral osteophytes, diffuse disc bulging, neural foraminal stenosis. Indications?

Dear Doctor Can you help me understand the severity of my cervical mri. Am I looking at surgery. nerve pain bi lateral through shoulder, arms and into middle and ring fingers. back and neck pain . the pins and needs into my hands is so bad that I have to sleep sitting with an ice pack. My MRI results are as follows: straighting of the acervical curvature. degenerative disc narrowing is prsent including c-5 c-6 and c6- c7. Small prevertebral osteophytes are present . c3 -c4 mild diffuse disc bulging uncinate process spurring. moderate right neural foraminal stenosis . c4-c5 mild diffuse disc bulging mild facet degeneration and uncinate process spurring mild righ neural foraminal stenosis c5-c6 mild diffuse disc bulging larger in the left paracertral region. mild central canal stenosis with mild moderate spinal cord deformity , greater on left. Uncinate process spurring. Marked left neural foraminal stenosis. c6-c7 mild diffuse disc bulging. mild spinal cord deformity but relative patencyor central canal. this may be associated with hypertrophy or early ossification of posterior longitudinal ligament. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013