MRI shows a fully torn ACL. Have been able to dance. Require surgery?

So at the beginning of October I was playing field hockey and was running straight when I sort of felt a pop, I went to the doctor a week later and she sent me to an orthopedic . I have since then had an MRI where the radiologist said I had a fully torn ACL . I can walk absolutely fine and have been dancing (I m a competitive dancer) as well as doing physical therapy and my knee doesn t hurt. My orthopedic said if I only had a partial tear I would just do pt and would still be able to dance. However because my ACL is fully torn should I have the surgery?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012