MRI showed tumor on pituitary gland, have children. Chances of it being malignant?

A number of years ago, when I was seeking treatment at a fertility center to have children, I received an MRI that showed a small tumor on my Pituitary gland that was causing too much prolactin to be released into my system. The doctor said that this was pretty common, and rarely cancerous. I was given a medication to counteract the prolactin levels, have gone on to have three beautiful children, and haven t really given it much thought. A week or so ago, a friend told me that she has a similar tumor. She was told by a doctor that if you have PCOS, the chances of the tumor on her Pituitary being malignant are actually higher. She was told to get regular MRIs to watch it. Is this true? I don t want to spend the money on an unnecessary MRI. However, if chances are high that it would be cancerous, I want to know. It has been over 6 years since it was originally found.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012