MRI report showing lumbar lordosis. Spinal disc extrusion, compressed thecal sac. How serious is this stage?

Hi, I am 17 yrs and I have the MRI Findings: 1. There is a loss of normal lumber lordosis . 2. Severe lest posterior paracentral disc extrusion at L4-5 Level, almost completely obliterating the lest lateral recess . The extruded portion of disc measures about 1.3 x 0.6 x 1.3cm (CC x AP x TS) in size. Left descending L5 nerve root is impinged. Left anterior thecal sac is moderately compressed with crowding of the descending sacral nerve roots. The minimal AP diameter of the central canal measures about 0.46cm. the left descending SI nerve root may be impinged. The right lateral recess and bilateral neural foramina are preserved. Disc height and signal are mildly reduced. 3. The rest of lumbar discs show normal signal intensity and disc height. No disc herniation is seen. The anterior epidural space is well preserved. The Spinal canals are adequate. Questions: 1. How severe / bad is my conditions? 2. What are the treatment options available and which one is most appropriate / effective? 3. If surgery is a must? 4. Can the conditions be cured by physio, chiro and medication? Many Thanks. Vel
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013