MRI of thoracic spine showing mild degenerative disc narrowing, thecal sac flattening. Have pain from back to neck. Please explain

Had a recent MRI of the thoracic spine. I am confused by the result. I have been having constant pain pretty much from my central back to the neck. The results are as follows:

Mild degwerative disc narrowing and minimal posterior bony productive change multiple midthoracic levels causing very mild thecal sac flattening.

Any assistance you can provide in explaining the inplications would be most appreciated.

Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013