Lung cancer, had radiotherapy and chemo, cured. Again got two more growths. What measures can we take?

Hi there my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer 9.mnths ago and has had radiotherapy and chemo and the initial cancer found was cured but late last year after another scan 2 more growths were found and he has just had 2nd line chemo treatment docetaxel and he seems to be getting worse...his breathing is quite laboured..hes very depressed...and .seems to be somewhat giving is so sad..doctors arent realy telling him much..what are his chances at beating this?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013