Lower throat discomfort, accidental swallowing of metal chip, choking on coughing, on light foods, habit of marijuana. What could have happened?

Hi. I have been having an issue with lower throat discomfort for about a week and a half. It started when I accidentally swallowed a very tiny metal chip one night at work. It took about 36 hours for the sensation of the chip to clear my throat and then I felt fine for about 2 days until I swallowed a large piece of food that got stuck in my throat also. After several hours it dislodged. This has happened 2 other times over the course of about 6 days. After this happened I switched to very light foods for about 3 days like oatmeal and milk shakes. I ve been coughing on occasion and every once in a while end with a choke that makes the throat feel a little better. But for the past 2 days now I have felt much better. Very little coughing. Next to sensation at all in the throat and I now feel more confident to eat more solid food. What do you think happened? Oh I am also nowadays a daily marijuana smoker and have been one on and off for the past 21 years. Could I have gotten a lower throat infection from the smoking?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012