Lower lip numb spreading to chin. Tongue sore. No relief with prednisone, acyclovir. How to cure?

I have a numb lower lip which spreads to to my chin by my canines. It tingles when I touch it. The numbness spreads to the inner part of ear by my cheek bone. My tongue is also soar on that side. The dentist found nothing wrong. My general practitioner said I may have shingles or Bell s Palsy. I have no slackness on that side or a rash. He gave me prednisone and acyclovir . I ve been taking it for two full days, but don t seem to be getting better. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013