Lower back pain radiating to right leg, itching. MRI showed arthritis and compression of peroneal nerve. Taking amitriptylene. What other therapy is suitable?

I have had pain in my low back radiating into my right leg and foot for almost two years. Now i am having pain and extreme itching I m the sacral area for about five monthes. The Mri I had in Jan 2011 showed arthritis in L4-5 and L5 -s1 without nerve compression. However my ncv showed compression of peroneal nerve. Amitriptylene 50mg ga is the only thing which eases the night leg pain I am scheduled for engine. What else can I do? The only tx I get is for amtriptylene, pain med and muscle relaxer. This severely interupts my life?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012