Is compressed sciatic nerve by fat could be the cause for drop foot?

I have a drop foot i wanted to know if the scatic nerve is compressed by fat n so is the muscle. Is it possble that my drop foot would go away, i went to a othopedic surgeon last week he told me that the surgery would too risky. N that he can do more damage than good. I dont know what to do. I ve had the dropfoot since s surgery on august 21 2013. I had plastic surgery n i decided to tranfer my fat into my buttocks since then i had the drop foot. When i got to the united states i got emg mri i seen a nuerosurgeon plastic surgeon im losing hope along with everything else. I go to theraphy 2x a week i do my station bike at home but its diffcult to do with a foot that seems deAd. Please tell me what should i do.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Rehab is better ad surgery not a best option now Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this foot drop. This foot drop represents a lesion of the peroneal nerve along its tract and most likely below the knee. I don't understand exactly how and when this happened but the truth is instant cure would be very difficult. I will strongly discourage any surgical intervention to correct this. rehabilitation would be the best way forward unless some strong information comes up that makes surgery a strong consideration. Surgery would require a point diagnosis to identify exactly where the problem is and am afraid we don't have this information now.Moreover, it is going to be very difficult to get and plan for a surgical correction. I understand your your worries/. they are genuine and i can understand how difficult this has made your life difficult. Just rely on rehab at this point and lifestyle modification hoping that things would improve with time. I hope you find this helpful. Please, feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you well. Dr. ditah, MD.