Left posterior central, paracentral disc protrusion, compression of nerve, minor degenerative changes in interfacetal joints. Curable with surgery or injections?

I have left pisterior central and left paracentral disc protusion. A segment of the disc has become extruded into the lateral recess at the s1 level. It measures 2 cm x 1 x 1. It is causing compression of left s1 nerve root l5-s1. Also at l4-l5 levels a minor left forminal disc protusion not compressing nerve. There is also minor degenerative changes in the right interfacetal joints. Will I need surgery or injections?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012