Lazy ovary. Ovulation test done. Metformin 500 tablets taken. Can i become alright and functioning again?

My gyne had told me I had a lazy ovary when we were trying for our 1st baby. It had taken us 6 cycles to get pregnant. I use to take Metformen 500 tablets to reduce my sugar level as he said sometimes this helps, I think it did as I got pregnant right after.
My cycles vary from 27-40days. I a
Am taking the metfromen tablets again (once a day) and started trying for our 2nd baby. I stopped the pill mid Jan. My first cycle was 27 days. i started taking ovulation test once a day from day 13 but didn.t get a +ve. i continued testing for my 2nd cycle every day, twice a day (morn and eve) and got a positive on day 26. I do check my mucus and temperature to help me find the ovulation day but these methods do not work for me. CM was mostly visible the week before I got a +ve ovulation result.
When you have a lazy ovary, do you still always ovulate or you have offf months where you do not ovulate? I know you can still get pregnant, but it takes longer than usual, right? Ovulation tests would be the best way to predict my fertile days rigtht? Given that my temp and CM do not help that much.

Can I improve my lazy ovary? Can it become 'ok' and functioning again?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013