Laser operation for Eye & its sideefects

I am wearing spects past 6 years and thinking for laser operation to get rid off spects for forever.

Could you please let me know the cost and any side effects?

Kind regards,

Ashish Jain

Asked On : Tue, 29 Jun 2010
LASIK treatment is used for correctimg refractive errors to get rid of spectacles
This laser procedure alters the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent front covering of the eye.

LASIK has been shown to be a very effective procedure, and most patients are very happy with their vision following the procedure.Lasik also has some risks
You may be over-corrected or under-corrected.
You may still need glasses or contact lenses after surgery to achieve your best vision.
Your results may not be permanent
You may experience visual aberrations, especially in low light
Dry eye symptoms may persist or get worse
You may lose vision.
The cost of laser eye surgery can vary widely depending on the area of the country in which LASIK is performed, the level of experience a surgeon possesses, the technology used during the surgery, and the degree of your refractive error.
This will vary from country to country.In India it will on an average between Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30,000. The Zyoptix or the customized LASIK procedure would cost anywhere between Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 36,000. In the USA the procedure costs close to Rs. 2 lakh
However, it is important to remember that you should not base your choice of a LASIK surgeon solely on the cost of LASIK eye surgery; a less skilled ophthalmologist may charge a lower LASIK eye surgery price, but he or she may not have the same experience, training, or precise equipment as a more expensive doctor.