Large painful lump on leg, spider bite, unable to walk, hot to touch, pus. Treatment?

My son has a large painful lump on his leg that looks like it is from a spider bite . He has had it for three days and it is getting worse. A physicians assistant looked at it today and said it is nothing to be concerned about. My son now does not want to walk on his leg and the bite is warm to the touch. He also said there was pus coming from it this morning. Is this something that will eventually go away on its own?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012