Knot outside of vagina, painful, brown discharge. What can I do?

Yesterday while camping with my husband I felt a small knot ( small slightly painful about the size of a pea- on the lower left outside of my vagina ) when I used the restroom. Last night it had gotten a bit larger and a little more painful. Today it is very large ( about half the size of a golf ball) extremely painful. My friend is an ER nurse. She told me it was probably a boil? To soak in a hot bath with Epsom salt, baking soda and peroxide and to apply hot compresses. She said it should come to a head. I have done those things, it did bring the swelling down slightly however a head did not form. Me in all of my wisdom- without a medical degree- thought if I used a sterilized needle and made a small pin prick that maybe I could drain it a bit to get some relief. A small amount of very thick brownish red foul smelling stuff came out. Gross. I have soaked twice since then and have yet to see a head form or had anymore drainage. I now have a large dark brownish red top on this golf ball extremely painful thing.Any advice?
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012