Knee tends to swell on standing and gets stiff. History of knee injury. Any ideas?

I hurt me knee roughly a year and a half ago and it swelled up pretty big but went to the docs and got some tablets to stop it and worked fine but for quite a while now when ever I stand still it feels like its trying to swell up again and after a while of standing ( about an hour or so) it gets quite stiff to bend too. But I can walk fine with out any feeling of trying to swell up. I m 27 And ride a Bmx so my body does take quite a bit of abuse from my sport. Any ideas?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012