Knee injury, pain, had partial lateral meniscectomy, inability to walk. Suggest?

I am 36 years old and have an extensive history of right knee injury/pain/treatment. The initial injury was over 20 years ago. I have had PT several times throughout my life. I had a right knee arthroscopy with a partial lateral meniscectomy in July 2011. At that time I was told I have the knee of a 75 year old woman and a nearly non-existent patella. I was also told at that time that barring my age, I was a perfect candidate for knee replacement but could not be considered due to being "too young". At this point, I am not only dealing with the incompetence of my right knee and that pain, but my left knee is being damaged and I am experiencing problems with my back and hips. Their only recommendation to me at this point is pain management which I am far than interested in. My question is I being given the right information or should I seek an opinion elsewhere?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013