Kidney stones, have fluttering feeling on the left of back. Cause?

Hi. I am a 34 year old female, I m 5 5 , 120 lbs., active (especially since I have a 3 year old-haha). I have been having pain intermittently since before I was pregnant with my son, on both sides of my stomach in the kidney area. It is a sharp pain that comes in waves, no blood in urine . I have had a history of UTIs, but haven t had one in maybe two years. I went to a general practice doctor last year about the pain, and she ordered an ultrasound of my right side (I am not sure why she didn t ultrasound both sides), and she said that I had kidney stones , but they were small and they should pass, she didn t request that I follow up with her. I have continued to have pain on both sides, though not as often. I have recently been experiencing a fluttering feeling on the left side of my back, almost like a muscle spasm , but I know it s not a muscle spasm. I am fairly certain it is my left kidney. Why is this happening?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012