Kidney stone, ovarian cyst, showing an echogenic area. Could it be cancerous?

Hi iam a 44 yrvold woman 2 years ago I had a ct scan for a kidne,y stone , it also picked up an ovarian cyst which was 2x4. X 2cm ... 9 months later seen consultant who said he ad send me for an ultra sound scan and blood tests in due course ... 9months after that I had ultra sound and now 3 months later I hv just received a letter saying my results were uterus normal size a tiny fibroid womb normal size but ovary is still showing an echogenic area similar to the previous ultrasound 18 months ago . .. Extremely worried now as 1 why hv they kept me waiting so long and 2 is an echogenic area likely to be cancerous ? Had bloods for tumour markers today thinking now they think the cyst could be cancerous ? Can you enlighten me at all ?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013