Joint swelling, swollen ankle. Taken steroid injection. Do you have a clue?

i have swelling in joints. it is one joint at a time. four weeks ago it was my left elbow (burisitis?), two weeks ago my left knee swollen and a bakers cyst . this week in my left ankle is totally swollen. The doctor took fluid out fo the knee and injected it with steroids, Today she could not get teh fluid out of my ankle but she injected the ankle with steroids. Do you have a clue? My whilte blood cell count is moderately high. she said if I were a man she might think gout--no crystals inteh fluid. Could it still be gout? Wat test would show gout? any clues?
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012