Itchy welts have appeared on neck and torso. Spreading and itching. What are they?

i have three different itchy welts that have appeared on each side of my neck and one on my torso. they are oval and seem to be spreading especially if i scratch them. i also have tinea versicolor but these welts are a little more raised than the patches of versicolor which are a reddish brown. i ve used hydrocortisone cream which aids in the irritation greatly, but do bites of insects usually last three days or more?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012