Itchy rashes after laproscopic surgery. Culture shows mixed skin flora. Prescribed augmentin, steroid shots, clindamycin. Cause?

I had laproscopic surgery 2 wks ago on my stomach area. 10 days later I got a horrible sever itchy rash on & around my insicions & it spread upword & out word across my entire stomach area. Culture was done & it came back I have "mixed skin flora" The urgent care Dr that did the culture put me on Augmentin & Methylprednisolone meanwhile to try to take are of this while waiting on test results. I also recieved steroid shot for the itching. My surgeon put me on Clindamycin also incase the test came back it was Mersa. So Im taking all of this medication & it is slowy starting to look just a bit better but what is my next step. Is mixed skin flora dangerous & can cause more serious things & where does it come from? Could I have caught it frm the hosp I had my surgery at like a staph infection? Please help Im kind of at a lost right now. thank you, Gina R.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013