Itchy rash on legs, face flushes while warm, on eating spicy foods and breaks into red raised bumps. Cause?

Recently I had an itchy rash on my legs in which I saw a doctor for to seek relief when it did not go away after several days. The doctor was not completely sure of what may have caused the skin reaction but prescribed a steroid along with an itch relief medication. Also recommended a Dermotologist if the symptoms did not clear. The meds did help, however my legs are back to being itchy although there is no longer the noticible rash. My face which flushes easy these days when I'm warm, eat spicy foods and so forth has now broken out in red raised bumps. At any given time these red bumps can flare up or fade away. I'm having a hard time deciding if this is a new reaction to something or something more serious. The facial rash does not itch.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013