Itchy nose and lower part of eyes before falling asleep. Related to nasal sound before sleeping?

Hello Doctor, I have been having a concern, I call it that because it is not painful, nor does it actually bother me medically, but it does concern me since it has not always been there. It started about 5 years ago. Whenever I am just about sleep...that moment when you can say its half-way between wake and sleep, the upper part of my inner nose feels itchy.. a feeling that goes all the way to the lower part of the eyes. The feeling often is overwhelming and wakes me up, making me touch/press my nostrils etc. Eventually, I sleep. Other people tell me (my wife) that I make a characteristic nasal sound like a sign/resignation just before I sleep completely, coming from somewhere deep in the nostrils - I wonder whether this is related. I have a feeling I had a nasal medication before this issue started, though I cannot recall anything serious. We have a 6 month old son, I have realized, just before sleeping, or in between sleep breaks, he scratches his nostrils between the nose and the eyes, rather violently in discomfort, albeit slightly before he rolls over in sleep...something I can identify with. Kindly advise. Thanks James Mugwe
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012