Itching, burning sensation, swelling, white discharge after ovulation. Thrush treatment not effective. Advise?

Hi, I have noticed that during/after I ovulate, I suffer from itching, burning sensation (though I think this is from the itching), swelling and white discharge that I thought seemed like mild thrush. I took thrush treatment, however this had no effect. This has been recurring on and off for years (before I was sexually active, though my sexual experience is very little). I know I should go to the doctors, I'm just nervous/scared about getting tested.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013