Is upper right abdomen and back pain a symptom of gall stones ?

I had loose motions a week back 3 within 8 hours I sarted taking metrogyl twice daily and the stools were better the next day itself and going once daily have been eating rice and dal but 5 days back tried to have some regular fodhad a few bites of non veg food this was followed by stmach discomfort in upper right abdomen dull pain and discomfort continuing in upper right abdomen and immediately behind in back also some tenderness in lower abdomen right side and strtchy feeling in the back burping eating very less now and doctor says gall atones what else could it be? could less eating br aggravating the burping? i am due for an ultasound exam tommorow n gone in for blood trsts too..reports awaited. very unhappy!
Asked On : Thu, 2 Jun 2011