Is there any particular size required for an egg to get merged with sperm ?

I am 26year old married for 3years and having PCOD. Last month my doctor prescribed fertyl 50mg and from 11th day i had folicular scanning. On the 11th day, nothing was visible. Later on the 14th day the size of the egg was 16.8x13.5MM and ET was 9.7mm and on the 16th day the doctor told that I have already ovulated. Is there any particular size required for an egg to get merged with sperm. I heard that minimum 22MM is required. Is it correct?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011