Is it safe to undergo hernia operation at the time of pregnancy ?

Hello Good Day Dr ! I would like to ask opinion regarding my sister please, She is having Supra Umbilical Hernia at middle and left. At present she is 2 month pregnant . Family Dr advised that they will do surgery at 5 months of pregnancy . I would like to know if she does surgery will it effect the child or otherwise. In this condition is it better to abort the child ? Your response in this regards will be highly appreciated please.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Aug 2011