Is it safe to remove gall bladder during the second trimester of pregnancy?

Why are some surgeons willing to remove gall bladder during second trimester and others are not willing? I don t eat greasy, high-fat or spicy foods. Stay away from foods that are an irritant and still suffer severe pains that reduce me to tears in the middle of the night. Heart attack type pain at 8 weeks pregnancy caused trip to ER and discovered sludge in gall bladder. I meet with a surgeon on nov. 2 and want to know how to best advocate for myself and my baby. I have lost 18 lbs, now drink ensure plus frequently and throw up pretty much all solids, broth, water, etc.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012