Is it possible to have natural tooth at the age of 55 years ?

Is it possible for a 55 year old man to have a new tooth come in naturally Is it possible for a 55 year old man to have a new tooth come in naturally? I just had a back lower left tooth extracted 2 weeks ago. It appears that a tooth is trying to come in in the space in front of it where I had a tooth pulled a few years ago. It looks just like a tooth that is covered with gumline so far but it is protruding to a height of half a tooth so far. Am I seeing things? What else could it be?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011