Ask a Dentist   »  

Eye tooth,growth on right eye,migraine,tremors,vision problems

I had an eye tooth taken out which was growing on top of my other right eye tooth way back in time by operation - when it was taken out it stopped my migraine headaches which i had everyday for about 4 years.

They also said i have the same thing wrong with the left . Time has gone by. I have essential tremors only when i am confronted with pressure, my hands start to shake. My eyes cannot read close as they used to

Can these be some complications to not getting the left eye tooth out which is sitting on top of my left eye tooth?

if there are complications can you list them?

Should I worry about this?

Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

Your symptoms suggest something like a Hyperodontia which is a condition of having supernumerary teeth, or teeth which appear in addition to the regular number of teeth.

The essential tremors that you are having are unrelated to the hyperodontia and it can cause adverse effects for the normal dentition making it difficult for the permanent teeth to erupt.

However it does not cause essential tremors or vision changes. You should not worry about them.

Essential tremors in your case can be genetic (referred to as familial tremor) because the exact cause is not known but it is often seen in children whose parents had essential tremors. It can worsen by emotional stress, fatigue, caffeine or extremes of temperature.

There is no explainable reason for essential tremors but if your essential tremor is making it difficult to work or perform daily activities, you may start with the treatment. These include medicines like beta blockers and antiseizure medicine tranquilizers and botox injections.

The vision defects should be evaluated for any refractory errors from an ophthalmologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.