Is it normal to bleed during 6 weeks of pregnancy ?

I m 24 and about 6 weeks pregnant . I recently experienced cramping and light bleeding . What should I do? Am I having a miscarriage?
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Since you are 6 weeks pregnant and have cramping and bleeding it may be a Threatened abortion .Please consult a Gynaecologist or go to a hospital/ER immediately.You need to get examined and even get done a ultrasound to find the status of your baby whether it is fine or you have already aborted.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
As you have light bleeding and cramping,it may be a case of threatened abortion in such case pregnancy may be continued if taken treatment in time.
In certain case break through bleeding is also common where pregnancy is continued without any problem..
Consult your gynaec and seek her advice.
Take complete bed rest.
ok and bye.