Is it normal for a father to buy pads/tampons for his daughter?

is it normal for a father to buy pads/ tampons for his 16yr old daughter? i just find it very disgusting! he knows when she has her period. He was running around looking for UTI medication for her. He says that she is not very close to her mother and so he has to do these things for her since she is an only child. This makes me very uncomfortable b/c i think that his daughter is grown enough to do those things for herself. He even does her laundry. Is this normal? I should clarify that he is my boyfriend. doing laundry is fine, but i just think she should be able to wash her bra s and panties. She lives with her mother and she gets allowance. thank you for all your answers.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009