Is it dumb to start smoking?

I just got into a fight with my best friend because she doesn t like my opinion. She recently started smoking Natural American Spirit cigarettes. (She s never smoked before.) She started because she recently saw a picture of Meagan Good (actress) and she had a pack of these cigarettes in her hand. My friend idolizes Meagan Good. (To the point where she s saving up for a nose job and breast implants to look more like her.) You couldn t see the brand name from the normal sized pic, she zoomed in on the ciggs so she could see what brand and exactly what type they were. Now she smokes. I told her it s dumb to start smoking...especially for the reason that she did. She got pissed off and stopped talking to me. Was I wrong? Should I just let her do whatever she wants and keep my opinions to myself?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
You were deffinately doing the right thing in voicing your opinion to your friend. Smoking is not good for the body and it's probably the least sexiest thing to do. Smoking is a major turn-off. I think your friend's reason to start smoking is completely stupid. If your friend isn't listening to what you have to say then maybe you should find another friend who will appreciate your opinions. Best of luck!